- With a dual Ph.D. in Security Risk Management and Computer Network Engineering from Paramount California University, San Francisco.
- Dr. Burzin is an acknowledged technology and security visionary. He has exhaustive experience in IT systems and information security both at strategic and operational levels to support business objectives.
- He has held multi-faceted roles in his career in large global MNCs and government. He has been the VP (Information Security & Risk) at VFS Global, Principal Consultant at Microsoft, Chief of Information Systems and Advisor Security for the Govt. of Bahrain, VP (IT & Telecom) for APAC Region at HSBC Bank, CISO of Orchid IT Systems, and CIO at MidDay Multimedia.
- Dr. Burzin has extensive experience in risk compliance and information security consulting and governance. He has multi-faceted roles in his career in large global MNCs and government. ; designed and implemented safety and security of Visa processing centers globally in the name of UK Border Agency; implemented business continuity and disaster recovery strategy and has in-depth experience in implementing ISMS, HIPPA, SOX, SAS, and PCI standards in global organizations.
- Dr. Burzin has also been a Distinguished Adjunct Professor at the University Of Maryland College of Europe, teaching Cybersecurity to the 5th Fleet of The US Navy and Armed Forces. He has conducted Graduate and Undergraduate level courses in Cybersecurity including Network, Internet & Cyberspace Security, Human aspects and psychology of Cybersecurity, Defensive Cybersecurity Strategies, Cybercrime Investigation, Cyber-attack detection and response and Digital Forensics.
- Dr. Burzin is a certified CISA, CISSP, Cisco Security+, Cloud U Expert, e-Hacking and Cyber Forensics Expert, ISO 27001 and 9001 Lead Auditor, Lean Six Sigma, CoBit, ITIL Service Management, Enterprise Architecture TOGAF/TAFIM and PMP.
- Awarded best eMaturity Excellence Award, 2012, from eGovernment Authority, Bahrain
- Received the United Nations Award for Innovation in 2014 for his design of secure RFID that ensured security and confidentiality of PII on varied platforms
- Dr. Burzin has been a Speaker at various Local and International Cyber and Information Security Conferences.